Sarcophagus Fragment, Roman, ca. 240-250 CE, The Art Institute of Chicago

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Getting things started

Si vales bene est ego valeo.

Where to begin, where to begin. This being the first blog entry of my first blog, I feel like I should put forth some grand introduction explaining my purpose for writing and the ideals that make me who I am. Well, that's not going to happen. What I am going to tell you is that I am in love with the Classics, and that's why I'm here. I hope to share with you the ups and downs of my never ending reading habits, the latest info and opinions on what's going on the the archaeological world, as well and discussing Greek and Roman art, architecture, society, military history and what have you. Your feedback is always welcome; one of the main reasons behind this blog is to spark discussion on Classical issues. I hope you check in often.

Vale

0 comments: